The Manager Skills Gap is Real.
- Effective team building skills -- Less than 1/2 of current employees feel their managers have strong team-building skills.
- Providing effective feedback -- The most recent workforce studies found employees prefer more feedback to less feedback.
- Consistent time management skills -- Most managers lack the experience and ability to prioritize as well as get and stay organized throughout the course of each day.
- Effective delegation, monitoring, and accountability skills -- Hybrid/remote workforce dynamics have only worsened these issues.
- Efficient and effective communication up/down/throughout/outside the enterprise -- For many managers, there is little or no time to communicate-synchronize-set and manage expectations and measure performance. For many managers, communications have become 'audits' of time and performance and thereby have hurt and weakened key relationships.
The new labor market is continually challenged by technological disruption, demographic change, and the evolving nature of work. To learn more about how you and your enterprise can fill your manager skills gap and to access the tools, resources and support you need, contact me or @Eric Herrenkohl