Myles Anderson is the Founder and CEO of BrightLocal. BrightLocal is a marketing technology business that provides solutions to local marketing challenges. Their tools and services have helped over 80,000 local marketers develop success for their brands and clients. The BrightLocal team has grown to more than 200 employees working in four countries. Before launching his business, Myles was the Product Manager and Marketing Manager for VideoJug and the Director of Business Development for eHarmony.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Myles Anderson shares how BrightLocal began
- Why vulnerability is an important leadership trait for Myles
- What inspired Myles to start his own business, and how does he balance responsibilities with his business partner?
- How Myles learned to lead a company with 200 employees
- Myles’ goal for the culture at BrightLocal
- How does Myles attract clients and employees that are aligned with BrightLocal’s mission?
- The power of a “beliefs interview” during the recruitment process
- BrightLocal’s valuable peer recognition program
- The key services and support BrightLocal provides to customers
- Myles talks about how his father’s example inspires him to work hard and stay humble
In this episode…
It’s one thing to manage two employees. It’s a different challenge when you’re leading a team of 50. But, it’s a whole new ballgame to manage over 200 people in multiple different countries.
Myles Anderson understands this firsthand. As he says, a growing company needs growing leadership — not just in numbers of people with fancy titles, but with people who are actively learning to become better leaders. What kinds of skills does a good leader need? Where can you learn them? How will it impact your company?
In this episode of the Level Up podcast, host Nick Araco is joined by Myles Anderson, Founder and CEO of BrightLocal, to discuss how he grew as a leader while his company expanded. Myles talks about why learning great leadership skills was a priority, the culture he developed at BrightLocal, and how his team’s eight core beliefs power every business decision.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by AchieveNEXT, subscription-based peer advisory networks for emerging and C-Suite leaders from across North America, and includes The CFO Alliance and The CHRO Alliance.
Join the Network that has connected more than 8,000 Modern Finance and HR leaders representing middle and emerging enterprises from diverse industries and markets.
If you are an HR or financial leader with a need to connect to your peers and share ideas while learning best practices and market trends, visit us on the web at www.achievenext.com or check out our blog for more resources on how to take the next step in your journey.