Terence Craig is an startup investor and advisor with expertise in AI, SaaS, Big Data, and more. He works with organizations like Astia, The Capital Network, the Investors of Color Network, and Toyota Ventures to support diversity and boost growth. His specialty is investing in and creating opportunities for diverse teams and companies.
Terence graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a bachelor’s degree in information systems. He started his career as a pioneer in the technology space before taking on the role of advisor for startup entrepreneurs.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Terence Craig talks about the influences on his early career and why he switched from IT consulting to software engineering
- The moment Terence stepped into a business leadership role
- Why diversity is both a social good and a fiduciary responsibility
- Some of the lessons Terence learned during the start of his entrepreneurial journey
- Overcoming discrimination in the corporate world
- Terence shares how a minority entrepreneur is at a disadvantage for raising capital
- How organizations are shifting gears to provide more opportunities to women and people of color
- Terence discusses the value of creating alternative financing options for startups
- What can you do to start supporting minority-owned companies?
In this episode…
How can you change the framework around how entrepreneurs raise capital in order to be more inclusive and equitable? Developing a career as a minority entrepreneur typically comes with its fair share of roadblocks and discrimination. So, how can you continue to support the growth of minority-owned startups?
Terence Craig is shattering the barriers of racism and bias that exist in the entrepreneurial world. He is an experienced business leader, investor, and advisor who is on a mission to empower minority entrepreneurs and companies. Today, he’s here to share his advice for navigating the startup ecosystem as a woman or person of color and explain what investors can do to make the corporate world more diverse.
In this episode of Level Up, Nick Araco talks with Terence Craig, an experienced advisor and startup investor, about creating a diversity-friendly space for entrepreneurs to succeed. Terence shares the lessons he learned while navigating his early career, the value of shifting to revenue-based financing, and how you can support minority-owned startups today. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by AchieveNEXT, subscription-based peer advisory networks for emerging and C-Suite leaders from across North America, and includes The CFO Alliance and The CHRO Alliance.
Join the Network that has connected more than 8,000 Modern Finance and HR leaders representing middle and emerging enterprises from diverse industries and markets.
If you are an HR or financial leader with a need to connect to your peers and share ideas while learning best practices and market trends, visit us on the web at www.achievenext.com or check out our blog for more resources on how to take the next step in your journey.