Eric Pillmore is a finance and corporate governance leader and the General Partner of Amore Limited Partnerships. He is also a board member for several companies and nonprofits, including Vectrus, a leading provider of global service solutions. Before this, Eric was the Senior Advisor for the Deloitte Center for Corporate Governance.
Throughout his career, Eric has held executive finance and corporate governance roles for companies such as Tyco International, General Electric, and General Instrument. He also served as a US Navy officer and as an auditor with the Naval Audit Service in Washington, DC.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Eric Pillmore talks about the early roles that shaped his career
- What mistakes did Eric make in his first few leadership positions?
- The key qualities that every leader should possess
- Eric discusses the valuable lessons he learned while working at General Electric
- How Eric created his position as the Senior Vice President of Corporate Governance at Tyco International
- The importance of focusing on both the customer experience and the employee experience
- Eric explains how the pandemic has influenced the processes and performance around corporate governance
- How to develop change management and project management skill sets
- Where to connect with Eric Pillmore
In this episode…
The most accomplished leaders are focused on thoughtfulness, creativity, and innovation. For Eric Pillmore, these values helped him adapt to different environments, learn from past mistakes, and transform the companies he worked with. So, how did he do it, and what steps can you take to find the same success?
Before getting into corporate governance, Eric began his career as a US Navy officer, where he managed a large group of people at a young age. In that position, Eric received some negative feedback about his harsh deadlines and assignments — and he quickly turned his leadership style around. Now, Eric is here to share his key strategies for becoming an effective leader, from focusing on clarity to building trust.
In this week’s episode of Level Up, Nick Araco sits down with Eric Pillmore, General Partner of Amore Limited Partnerships, to talk about shaping a great leadership style. Eric shares the lessons he learned from his former roles, the key traits that every leader should possess, and his tips for effectively managing your team — even in times of change. Stay tuned for more!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by AchieveNEXT, subscription-based peer advisory networks for emerging and C-Suite leaders from across North America, and includes The CFO Alliance and The CHRO Alliance.
Join the Network that has connected more than 8,000 Modern Finance and HR leaders representing middle and emerging enterprises from diverse industries and markets.
If you are an HR or financial leader with a need to connect to your peers and share ideas while learning best practices and market trends, visit us on the web at www.achievenext.com or check out our blog for more resources on how to take the next step in your journey.