Momin Sheikh is the Managing Partner of Frankel Management Company (FMC), a full-service real estate firm that develops, builds, operates, and manages real estate. FMC specializes in strategic and diverse acquisitions, including residential, industrial, commercial, office, and retail properties. With his partners, Momin is responsible for fund strategy, capital raises, and investor relations.
Before joining FMC, Momin was the Founder and President of MerakiCMO, a creative agency that provides marketing and branding solutions to multinational companies across various industries. Momin also co-founded the nonprofit, Friends For Good, and volunteers at CareLink Community Support Services, Justice for Our Neighbors, and Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Momin Sheikh explains why he started his career in investment banking — and how he pivoted to his role at FMC
- Momin talks about discovering his purpose and pursuing his passion for helping nonprofits
- What has Momin learned from his entrepreneurial pursuits?
- The turning point in Momin’s career that inspired him to take a different path
- The importance of mentorship and doing business with people who share your values
- How FMC is fostering relationships in the community
- The initiatives that Momin has undertaken to help people in need and support local organizations
- How is Momin bridging the gap between the private sector and the public sector?
In this episode…
According to Momin Sheikh, you don’t need a certain background or financial standing to start a successful company. So, what is the key to accomplishing your entrepreneurial goals? In this episode of Level Up, Momin removes the barriers to entrepreneurship and shares how to create an impactful career — no matter who you are.
As the child of immigrant parents, Momin did not have opportunities handed to him. However, that didn’t stop him from taking on the challenging — but rewarding — path of entrepreneurship. Now, Momin fosters a diverse culture and community in his area and works collaboratively with nonprofit organizations to help them achieve their purpose, mission, and vision.
In this episode of Level Up, Nick Araco is joined by Momin Sheikh, the Managing Partner of Frankel Management Company, to discuss entrepreneurship, diversity, and community support. Momin talks about his journey into the nonprofit sector, what he learned from his business failures, and his tips for forging an impactful and purpose-driven career. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by AchieveNEXT, subscription-based peer advisory networks for emerging and C-Suite leaders from across North America, and includes The CFO Alliance and The CHRO Alliance.
Join the Network that has connected more than 8,000 Modern Finance and HR leaders representing middle and emerging enterprises from diverse industries and markets.
If you are an HR or financial leader with a need to connect to your peers and share ideas while learning best practices and market trends, visit us on the web at www.achievenext.com or check out our blog for more resources on how to take the next step in your journey.