Laura Remaker is a diversity champion, a leader in human resources, and the Head of People Operations at gettacar, an online platform that helps users buy, trade, sell, and finance used cars. Laura has managed HR, talent acquisition, employee engagement, and leadership and succession planning for seven fast-growing companies.
Before joining gettacar, Laura served as the Advisor and Chief People Officer at Spring EQ and the Vice President of Human Resources at Greenphire. With over 18 years of experience in the industry, she is redefining the role and value of human resources.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Laura Remaker discusses how her passion for negotiating and mediating led her to HR
- How has the role of human resources and human capital evolved over the past 20 years?
- Laura talks about the past companies she worked for and how they influenced her work ethic
- The steps Laura took to shape and grow her career
- How to build a sense of connection and trust between employees and leaders
- Laura’s role at gettacar — and why she chose to join the company
- What does Laura look for when hiring employees, and how has she filled open roles during the pandemic?
- Laura’s advice for educating the next generation of HR leaders: make it work and break the rules
In this episode…
Laura Remaker is redefining the role of human resources; she is thinking in a business mindset, celebrating mistakes, and breaking outdated rules. By taking this innovative approach, she has become a catalyst for company success, and now she’s here to share all of her expert tips with you.
As an action-oriented people leader, Laura has learned how to manage — and develop — a cohesive team. As she says, building a strong foundation for your business requires transparency, authenticity, and diversity. That’s why Laura always aims to be a true business partner and seek out the best in both the companies and the people she works with.
Listen to this episode of Level Up as Nick Araco talks with Laura Remaker, the Head of People Operations at gettacar, about the transformations taking place in human resources. Laura discusses her career development in the HR industry, her tips for creating a sense of connection between employees and leaders, and the vital importance of sharing ideas in the workplace. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by AchieveNEXT, subscription-based peer advisory networks for emerging and C-Suite leaders from across North America, and includes The CFO Alliance and The CHRO Alliance.
Join the Network that has connected more than 8,000 Modern Finance and HR leaders representing middle and emerging enterprises from diverse industries and markets.
If you are an HR or financial leader with a need to connect to your peers and share ideas while learning best practices and market trends, visit us on the web at www.achievenext.com or check out our blog for more resources on how to take the next step in your journey.