Alan J. Kaplan is the Founder and CEO of Kaplan Partners, an executive search and board advisory firm. Alan launched Kaplan Partners in 1994 after beginning his corporate banking career with First Pennsylvania Bank and Meritor/PSFS. Since then, he has built Kaplan Partners into a nationally recognized boutique firm that has been named five times to the Philadelphia100® as one of the region’s fastest-growing private companies.
In addition to this, Alan serves on the Board of Directors of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Corporate Directors’ Philadelphia Chapter, and the Dean’s Advisory Council for the Temple University Fox School of Business. Alan is also a frequent speaker, a guest columnist, and the host of KYW Newsradio’s Career Report, a weekly business commentary on leadership and career management.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Alan J. Kaplan describes how he first got involved in corporate matchmaking
- Alan’s advice for people starting out on the path of entrepreneurship
- Strategies for making each new hire a win for everyone involved
- How has innovation in technology impacted talent acquisition over the last few years?
- Why finding the right fit is more complex than you might think
- How the pandemic has shifted the way businesses make hiring decisions—and which changes are here to stay
- Alan shares his thoughts on how companies can better support a multigenerational workforce
- How today's employers and employees should prepare for the post-pandemic job market
- The importance of updating company boards to represent a more diverse perspective and reflect current skill sets
- Alan’s tips for professionals who are looking to get into the executive search business
In this episode…
The word “fit” is used to describe everything from the perfect pair of jeans to the new hire for your company. Regardless of what you’re searching for, finding the right fit takes time, determination, and a certain level of skill. That’s why having a qualified team to help with important decisions like matching the right person to the job can make a huge difference.
When it comes to talent acquisition, Alan J. Kaplan understands that finding the right fit is a more involved process than simply matching qualifications. Alan and his team look at everything from company culture to leadership competencies in order to determine a fit that will result in a win for everyone involved. For Alan, it’s not about finding a temporary solution. His goal is to create lifelong relationships that benefit his company, the organizations he works with, and the candidates who rely on his matchmaking abilities.
On this episode of Level Up, Nick Araco interviews Alan J. Kaplan, the Founder and CEO of Kaplan Partners, about corporate matchmaking and the ever-evolving job market. Alan explains how the pandemic has shifted the way companies are hiring, the impact of recent technology on talent acquisition, and why finding the right person for the job is a complex process. Plus, Alan shares his advice for companies looking to create a more supportive environment for a diverse workforce. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by AchieveNEXT, subscription-based peer advisory networks for emerging and C-Suite leaders from across North America, and includes The CFO Alliance and The CHRO Alliance.
Join the Network that has connected more than 8,000 Modern Finance and HR leaders representing middle and emerging enterprises from diverse industries and markets.
If you are an HR or financial leader with a need to connect to your peers and share ideas while learning best practices and market trends, visit us on the web at www.achievenext.com or check out our blog for more resources on how to take the next step in your journey.