Dr. Shelton Goode is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Icarus Consulting, a veteran-owned consulting firm that specializes in helping organizations create an inclusive culture. Dr. Goode has over 20 years of experience with diversity and inclusion, HR, talent management, and organizational and leadership development. In 2019, he was named one of the "Top 10 D&I Trailblazers" by Forbes.
Prior to joining Icarus Consulting, Dr. Goode held executive positions for companies ranging from $300 million to more than $11 billion in yearly revenue and has worked with enterprises, both large and small, across industries. He is also a highly decorated Air Force veteran who has not only served the country in a time of war, but has consistently served his community in times of need.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Dr. Shelton Goode shares how his time in the military shaped his three core values at Icarus Consulting
- How Dr. Goode built his successful team: vulnerability, transparency, and authenticity
- Dr. Goode reveals how he helped CEOs and business leaders cultivate opportunities for change in 2020
- How can you use data to determine where to focus your diversity and inclusion efforts?
- Why a career lattice is more beneficial for hiring talented individuals than a career ladder
- Dr. Goode recalls the people who inspired him to become a better leader
- How to align your company’s brand and reputation with your employee culture
- Adopting change management techniques for success as a business leader
- Dr. Goode discusses how to create an environment that encourages input, dialogue, and feedback from employees
- The questions to ask yourself in order to achieve your career goals in 2021
- Dr. Goode’s habits for being a highly effective leader
In this episode…
Are you an effective leader? Better yet, are you an effective listener? Being a successful business leader requires more than simply steering your ship—it also means creating an environment that facilitates constructive feedback and dialogue within your team.
Dr. Shelton Goode, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Icarus Consulting, helps business leaders build and retain inclusive and healthy teams. According to him, building a successful team requires three things: vulnerability, transparency, and authenticity. By being open with your employees, you can cultivate a culture of feedback, trust, and success.
In this week's episode of Level Up, host Nick Araco sits down with Dr. Shelton Goode, the CEO and President of Icarus Consulting, to discuss how to build and maintain an inclusive culture at your company. Dr. Goode shares the importance of constructive feedback from team members, how to lower your company's turnover rate, and his strategies for embracing change as a business leader. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by AchieveNEXT, subscription-based peer advisory networks for emerging and C-Suite leaders from across North America, and includes The CFO Alliance and The CHRO Alliance.
Join the Network that has connected more than 8,000 Modern Finance and HR leaders representing middle and emerging enterprises from diverse industries and markets.
If you are an HR or financial leader with a need to connect to your peers and share ideas while learning best practices and market trends, visit us on the web at www.achievenext.com or check out our blog for more resources on how to take the next step in your journey.