Jim Dawson is the President of Heidolph North America. Heidolph is a leader in the production of premium laboratory equipment for the scientific research industry in more than 100 countries worldwide. At Heidolph North America, Jim and his team provide dedicated customer service, shipping logistics, technical support, and sales management to the US and Canadian laboratory market.
Prior to joining Heidolph North America, Jim was the Executive Director for Brinkmann Instruments. He received his MBA in Finance from Indiana Wesleyan University and his BS in Chemical Engineering from The Ohio State University.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Jim Dawson explains what inspired him to pivot from chemical engineering to the laboratory equipment industry
- How to pursue a career lattice versus a career ladder
- Jim shares his habits and best practices for communicating with his remote employees.
- How Jim helps cultivate a healthy work/life balance for his team
- What can middle-market business leaders do in 2021 to stay ahead of the curve?
- How to create a repeatable process for maintaining culture while managing risk and growing your business
- What characteristics should leaders look for when hiring talent in the new year?
- Jim shares the best advice he has received throughout his career
- The hobbies that helped Jim maintain a balanced life in 2020
In this episode…
How has your team navigated the switch to virtual work over the past year? Do your customers trust you—and do you trust them? Can they rely on you to show up with authenticity and cultivate a healthy culture in 2021 and beyond?
If 2020 has taught us anything, it is that the ability to pivot in an uncertain situation is an essential skill for leaders and employees alike. After navigating the many challenges of the past year, Jim Dawson, the President of Heidolph North America, has discovered the secret to maintaining culture while growing a business in 2021: transparency. By staying transparent with his clients and employees, Jim has built a stronger team and company going into the new year.
In this week's episode of Level Up, host Nick Araco sits down with Jim Dawson, the President of Heidolph North America, to discuss how to cultivate a healthy work/life balance, open communication, and transparency in a virtual workplace. Jim reveals how he marries innovation and engineering in his business processes and shares his strategies for promoting wellness in his company. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by AchieveNEXT, subscription-based peer advisory networks for emerging and C-Suite leaders from across North America, and includes The CFO Alliance and The CHRO Alliance.
Join the Network that has connected more than 8,000 Modern Finance and HR leaders representing middle and emerging enterprises from diverse industries and markets.
If you are an HR or financial leader with a need to connect to your peers and share ideas while learning best practices and market trends, visit us on the web at www.achievenext.com or check out our blog for more resources on how to take the next step in your journey.