Jennifer DeMello-Johnson is the Vice President of Agency Services at Amerisure Insurance. She is responsible for developing and providing industry-leading solutions that accelerate the growth and profitability of Amerisure's select partner agencies. Jennifer has over 25 years of experience in leadership, HR, and resource management.
Prior to joining Amerisure, Jennifer was the Global Resource Delivery Director for Dell EMC, where she developed resource management processes and innovative shared solutions in a consultative services environment. Currently, she serves as an Executive Board Member and Chairman of the Resources Development Committee for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Where Jennifer DeMello-Johnson got her spark for business and networking
- Jennifer recalls her transition from a musician to an insurance executive
- How was Amerisure prepared for the challenges of 2020?
- The importance of creating an IRL experience in a URL world
- Jennifer shares current and future trends in the insurance industry
- Jennifer’s leadership style: progress over perfection
- The valuable lesson Jennifer learned about deciphering the wants vs. needs of a customer
- How to effectively evaluate and train a producer for success
- Jennifer’s thoughts on core competency skills, such as demonstrating a level of understanding and creativity
In this episode…
As the saying goes, "The beginning of wisdom lies in one's willingness to understand." This statement is also true for building effective relationships and cultivating the next generation of thought leaders. That’s why Jennifer DeMello-Johnson prioritizes effective communication between her team and clients at Amerisure Insurance.
For Jennifer, the key to future success is cultivating strong relationships both inside and outside of her company. Her emphasis on progress over perfection has allowed her team to create high-level producers and leaders in the insurance industry and beyond. So, what makes Jennifer's model so effective—and how can you implement it at your company?
Tune in to this week's episode of Level Up as host Nick Araco sits down with the Vice President of Agency Services at Amerisure Insurance, Jennifer DeMello-Johnson. Together, they discuss progress over perfection, the importance of maintaining and building new relationships, and the exciting future of the insurance industry. Jennifer also shares one of the lessons she learned early on in her career and how it still guides her today. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by AchieveNEXT, subscription-based peer advisory networks for emerging and C-Suite leaders from across North America, and includes The CFO Alliance and The CHRO Alliance.
Join the Network that has connected more than 8,000 Modern Finance and HR leaders representing middle and emerging enterprises from diverse industries and markets.
If you are an HR or financial leader with a need to connect to your peers and share ideas while learning best practices and market trends, visit us on the web at www.achievenext.com or check out our blog for more resources on how to take the next step in your journey.