Sandra Usleman is the Senior Vice President and Chief Sales Officer at USI, a national insurance brokerage and consulting firm. She collaborates with more than 120 practice leaders, regional CEOs, and over 2000 professional sales consultants to drive prospect identification, research and assignment, pipeline growth, and more.
With over 20 years of experience at USI, Sandra has developed and launched a number of successful programs for the company, including the annual USI PEAK Incentive program. Sandra continues to operate at the intersection of the client experience and the employee experience, a phenomenon that has become increasingly important to business leaders in 2020 and beyond.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Sandra Usleman discusses the importance of authenticity in today’s virtual world
- How leaders can leave their mark on any industry by differentiating their approach to the market
- Sandra talks about the major challenges that USI has faced in 2020 and how her team overcame them
- The attributes a leader needs to take their team—and organization—to the next level
- Why Sandra sees mistakes as opportunities for company growth
- How USI consistently improves and builds upon its messaging and hiring processes
- Moving from "me equations" to "we equations" with USI’s Fast Start training program
- Sandra’s biggest personal and professional influences
- Sandra shares her work-from-home routine for productivity and effective management
- What the future holds for USI
In this episode…
In times of innovation and crisis, the best idea always wins. Whether it is a creative approach to training new sales agents, or a fresh messaging process to maintain client engagement, the best idea stands the test of time. However, as Sandra Usleman, the Senior Vice President and Chief Sales Officer at USI, understands, the best ideas typically come with a certain degree of risk.
Luckily, USI was well equipped to handle risk management in 2020. Under the leadership of CEO Mike Sicard, Sandra’s team maintained their focus on finding the best idea—and they succeeded. Now, USI continues to pave the way with an interactive workplace and leading customer relationships.
In this episode of Level Up, host Nick Araco sits down with Sandra Usleman, the Senior Vice President and Chief Sales Officer at USI. They discuss company culture, risk management, and how USI has successfully pivoted in 2020. Sandra delves into how USI fosters innovation and risk management while building better relationships between teams and clients. She also shares her daily work-from-home routine for productivity and her thoughts on USI’s plans for the Roaring ‘20s. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is sponsored by AchieveNEXT, subscription-based peer advisory networks for emerging and C-Suite leaders from across North America, and includes The CFO Alliance and The CHRO Alliance.
Join the Network that has connected more than 8,000 Modern Finance and HR leaders representing middle and emerging enterprises from diverse industries and markets.
If you are an HR or financial leader with a need to connect to your peers and share ideas while learning best practices and market trends, visit us on the web at www.achievenext.com or check out our blog for more resources on how to take the next step in your journey.